Author Topic: Medieval fishmonger  (Read 261 times)

BobLeighton

Re: Medieval fishmonger
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2018, 05:16:20 PM »

OK
I have to try that and see what happens
Thanks
Bob

Casper Friedrich

• Associate
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2018, 04:19:42 AM »

Regarding automotive primers, I used the warehouse chain's own brand of Alkyd paint. Sprayed from a distance of 20 cm as recommended on the can, 2-3 layers in all coating the figure nicely without obscuring any details. Quicker than enamels and no danger of metal surface shining through.
I noticed that there is almost no engraving on the face of the monk ... This will leave you some freedom or difficultiies togive him a face !
and can't see the back side, but the litle point on the back right leg of the donkey or horse, is it his tail?

I apologize for the poor photo, the figure engraved by Reibold has a face but not as expressive as an engraving by F. M. Mohr.
Yes it's the donkey's tail.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 11:25:10 PM by Casper Friedrich »

BobLeighton

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2018, 03:11:25 AM »

Hello Casper
Interesting that you used automotive primer, I have thought about it but, assumed that it would be too heavy and obscure the engraving.
Be interested to hear your experience.
Kindest regards
 Bob

Hannibal

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2018, 02:42:08 AM »
Nice subject, Casper.
I noticed that there is almost no engraving on the face of the monk ... This will leave you some freedom or difficultiies togive him a face !
and can't see the back side, but the litle point on the back right leg of the donkey or horse, is it his tail?

M.
Michel
_______
Men are a bit like God: everything they can do, they do it. Or they will do it.  (Jean d'Ormesson)

Casper Friedrich

• Associate
Medieval fishmonger
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 01:14:13 AM »
Still work in progress. This time I used automotive primer as undercoating, nowadays I'm passning an automotive discount warehouse on my way to work...
Bought the set second-hand from Scholtz