Author Topic: Trophies of Austerlitz  (Read 2563 times)

Andrew

Re: Trophies of Austerlitz
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2019, 02:57:57 AM »

Yes I have to agree, it is one of the must have sets and most of us has the set.

But the Mignot and S.Maier figures I have for sale are not getting any interest??   

Where are those treasures? Give a link!!!
Just for the record: the set you all were talking about, was it by Maier or by SEGOM? If by Maier, did it contain original figures from  the lost moulds, i.e. mounted chasseur?

Brian

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2019, 12:27:27 PM »

Yes I have to agree, it is one of the must have sets and most of us has the set.

But the Mignot and S.Maier figures I have for sale are not getting any interest??     

oleg

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2019, 09:44:11 AM »
Is anyone buying 30mm set any more?  has the collector in us faded away?
this is very well known set, a must for many collectors. Maybe many of them (including myself) already have this nice set. This could be an answer on you question :) Oleg

Hannibal

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2019, 08:58:38 AM »
I've already a couple of '000 30mm flats and I am painting 30mm since 18 months ...  But I became slow although the surface to be painted is quiet smaller than a bust or a 90mm character !
Michel
_______
Men are a bit like God: everything they can do, they do it. Or they will do it.  (Jean d'Ormesson)

Erich

• Associate
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2019, 07:56:58 AM »
I agree with Christoph. On shows there will be more and more bigger figures or busts shown and less flats.
But on the other side there will be editet some very nice 3o mm figures to special themes like the aztecs from Volker Ziegler or the new sets depicting japanese themes from the "Zinnprinzessin" or the medieval figures from Mauro Benini
 so I stay hopeful to find enough to paint in the big tent.

Christoph

• Associate
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2019, 05:37:06 AM »
Sure is someone buying 30mm sets!
So come on: "Make 30mm great again!!!"
But to stay serious: maybe the situation is different here in Germany to the rest of the world. When I look at my local collector club here in Nürnberg (VFZ) around the half of the members is working with 30mm flats. But sure the number of bigger flats is increasing.
So we will see what the future will bring.I also think that the interst of showing big battle scenes with thousands of figures changed to showing some well painted figures.

Christoph

Brian

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2019, 04:17:23 AM »

Can't find the figures Bob, makes my set's very expensive!!

Is anyone buying 30mm set any more?  has the collector in us faded away?

BobLeighton

Trophies of Austerlitz
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2019, 09:20:13 AM »

If any one is interested, there is a full sets being offered on E bay.uk for £24.00 18 hours to go, no bids
Look under Model Soldiers vintage, they are listed as flags of Jena.