Author Topic: Good to be back  (Read 4933 times)

Mjølner

Re: Good to be back
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2017, 12:20:50 PM »
Welcome back neighbour.

Thank you very much neighbour Grimm

Grimm

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2017, 11:38:19 AM »
Welcome back neighbour.

Mjølner

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2017, 11:10:19 AM »
Indeed welcome back - it has grown a bit over time!.

I will be happy to transfer your pictures from your old gallery to your new one if you wish?  I already fixed the spelling of your last name - apologies.

Hope you enjoy our own little Valhalla, Valflatta as it were, that we are running.

-cheers

mark  8)

Thank you very much Mark, especially with the name, would not like to be taken for a Swede  ;D LOL
Buggar, was a bit too fast this morning when I started up my new gallery, but thank you very much for your offer  ;)
Valflatta sounds interesting, will take a look.

Cheers Brian

marko

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2017, 10:38:04 AM »
Indeed welcome back - it has grown a bit over time!.

I will be happy to transfer your pictures from your old gallery to your new one if you wish?  I already fixed the spelling of your last name - apologies.

Hope you enjoy our own little Valhalla, Valflatta as it were, that we are running.

-cheers

mark  8)
Site Admin

Mjølner

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2017, 05:33:25 AM »
I have to thank you once more Hannibal, I will get some of that, it will make the process much easier  ;D
Looks good on pictures, like your galleries, lots of fine flats.

Mjølner

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2017, 05:30:24 AM »
Welcome back, good to have you with us again  :D ;)

Thank you very much Brian  :D

Hannibal

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2017, 05:13:07 AM »
For the background, I am often using self adhesive velvet sheets, sold in rolls of about 50cm width in various colours (black, dark green, dark red, Brown, grey) found  in art material shops.

As I expose the frames in competition without protective glass, I just clean the flat with a very soft butterfl brush and for the background a toothbrush, and a good air blow ...
Then on pictures, I mak the here ad there spots which cold be there to the pixel with a software.  ours took less than 3 miutes to be cleaned-up and reformatted.
Michel
_______
Men are a bit like God: everything they can do, they do it. Or they will do it.  (Jean d'Ormesson)

Brian

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2017, 04:54:10 AM »
Welcome back, good to have you with us again  :D ;)   

Mjølner

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2017, 02:28:42 AM »
Hello Hannibal,

WOW thank you very much for the fine words and what a job you have done, it looks great   :o
I agree with you that 4:3 is a much better format and you certainly have the tools and skills to do that.
The figure is placed in a homemade passé-partout frame. For the back and the frame I used a funny piece of synthetic cloth, it is like fur and it is quit shiny. I tried my best to remove all the white "dust", back when I posted the picture for the first time. I tried different light settings, different type of lighting, but no matter what I did, I ended up with a lot of white spots on the black. It is just to shiny and I made a bad choice of cloth, at least for photography  ::)
I will open a new gallery and will be very pleased to use your remastered picture of  "Pulcinello"  ;D 8)

Best wishes
Brian

Hannibal

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 07:09:18 PM »
Hello Brian,

Old new painter of 71 (almost), it is a pleasure to discover the old painters (meaning long painting) from the past who contributed to the developpment of this beautiful art...  I went in your past gallery to discover some pieces of jewelry, like this magnificient "Pulcinello" that I have just remastered a bit to allow you to open a new gallery in the new galleries of today, in order to load up your most recent works, and also transfer the old ones you still still cherish and so reactivating them back to life.

(I have remastered your original picture by ...
1) removing of the dust accumulated after several years on your black background (you hd omitted to put a glass on !!)
2) reformatting the picture at format 4:3 (HxW)    ;D 8) :P
Michel
_______
Men are a bit like God: everything they can do, they do it. Or they will do it.  (Jean d'Ormesson)

Mjølner

Good to be back
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 03:00:05 PM »
Dear Hobbyfriends

My name is Brian Petersen, I am 56 years old (feeling young however  ;D), I am located in Denmark and was once a member of the original BFFS. Now back after some years of absents, and I am happy to see such a great forum for flat figures.
Was surprised and pleased to see, that my gallery from the original BFFS is present here in the new one   ;D   http://www.intflatfigures.org/index.php?action=gallery;su=user;cat=48;u=36
A small hick up from the past, my last name was spelled Peterson but it is Petersen  ;D

Got my addiction for flats from the late Kjeld Lülloff, besides flats I am equally into round figures as well.
Kjeld Lülloff's gallery from the original BFFS gallery http://www.intflatfigures.org/index.php?action=gallery;su=user;cat=12;u=36

Best wishes to you all
Brian