Author Topic: Decent Resultion Photo - Trauerzuges des Leichman Gustav-Adolphus (Wimor / Mohr  (Read 5046 times)

redman

• Associate
Many thanks - the idea of a B+W background is a good one.  I'll have a go and see what comes of it.
Best Wishes.

Hannibal

https://www.unesco-clubkulmbach.de/aktuelltermine/trauerzug-gustav-adolf-1632-b/

https://tabletopdeutschland.com/2018/12/03/zitadelle-spandau-1813/

a diorama at Kulmbach in the museum.

It will be difficult to position all characters of the scene within this painting frame !! Do you also plan to bring a foreground of several spectators?     

In many dioramas, the colours of the background are absorbing the attention off the characters.  Why not using the painting but in black and white?   This would stimulate the characters themselves perhaps?

« Last Edit: December 23, 2022, 01:38:15 PM by marko »
Michel
_______
Men are a bit like God: everything they can do, they do it. Or they will do it.  (Jean d'Ormesson)

redman

• Associate
Bump (!)  Anyone now able to help with this?    I'd like to mount my own set together with a good print of the picture itself ........
Redman

redman

• Associate
 :)  Entirely understood.

Joerg

@redman,
again I have to ask for patience -
the closing of everything is prolongued,
my witness lives in an area with restrictions of mobility....

So - it will last further with the picture  :-[
Liquorice, sire, is not the least important of our benefits out of the dark heart of Arabia.

G.K.Chesterton

redman

• Associate
Joerg:
I have (again!) been slow in keeping up with this thread.   My thanks for your time on this - whatever you have will be very much of interest.
Thanks
G

Joerg

Something sideways....

Somewhere in my drawers I have a German text-description for the paintimg of that series.
If this may be of interest......
Liquorice, sire, is not the least important of our benefits out of the dark heart of Arabia.

G.K.Chesterton

Joerg

I will try something.
Be patient, please.

Update:
The museum is closed.
So, please be even more patient.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 04:22:48 AM by Joerg »

G.K.Chesterton

redman

• Associate
Bump......
I tried emailing the museum direct but no reply.  Anyone able to help?
G

redman

• Associate
Many thanks for photo - I'd had a go at downloading this myself, but didn't get it up to 255Kb as you have done.Anyone able to provide something in the MB range?
G

Joerg

By the way - last Friday I heard a presentation (?) about Gustaph Adolph
an learned, that the whole Cortege took till summer 1634 (!)  to the final burial in the Stockholm Ríddarholms-Church

G.K.Chesterton

Hannibal

I would answer for myself in the same situation = best is to go and visit the Museum by yourself ...

But it is located at 650 km from Brussels, nearby Leipzig !!

So I took your picture on the net

and reworked it a little but (sorry no frame, but I can add one if wished).  Perhaps you can add a photograph to your frame.

Michel
Michel
_______
Men are a bit like God: everything they can do, they do it. Or they will do it.  (Jean d'Ormesson)

redman

• Associate
I'm mounting my Wimor set of the "Funeral Cortege Gustav-Adolphus" and would like to add a photo of the original painting by Schmidt that today sits in the museum in the Geleitshaus in Weissenfels, Germany.   I've searched absolutely everywhere on-line for both the picture itself and the artist (Hans Schmidt 1859-1951) but while there are others of his paintings available there is no reference whatsoever to the Gustav-Adolphus one.
The Geleitshaus Museum has very little on line and the very best that I can come up with from newspaper articles is a 25Kb photo taken at an angle (which is not much use!)..........
Anyone been to the museum and taken a good quality / high resolution photo that they could share?  Or point me in the direction of another source?

Appreciated
G