Author Topic: Steampunk Bust  (Read 7140 times)

Hannibal

Re: Steampunk Bust
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2017, 10:08:30 AM »
beautiful eyes !!
Something to adjts with the noose, darken the side on opposite side of the light source as it looks like a cross now.
Is the skin of the bust naked or covered by some light tissue?
Michel
_______
Men are a bit like God: everything they can do, they do it. Or they will do it.  (Jean d'Ormesson)

Glen

• Associate
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2017, 10:00:34 AM »
Working on the skin tones and face now. The skin is my standard caucasian female 'go-to' mix of Reaper's Tanned Skin and Rosy Skin triads along with Linen White for lighter tones and a bit of Burgundy Wine for darker tones. Still working on some areas. The darker skin at the torso's side is straight Tanned Skin and Tanned Shadow; this will eventually be over-painted with a sheer material color.

Glen

• Associate
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2017, 12:09:59 AM »
All acrylic! Many years ago (70s) I dabbled in oils, but went to Humbrol enamels. lso used of the Pactra Military Colors. I started using Testors Model Master enamels in the 80s (marketed by Italeri back in the 90s) when I was in Germany for awhile as well. My figure painting was mainly as a change from aircraft and armor models. I started painting figures again around 2000 and switched to acrylics - Andrea and first, then some Vallejo, then near totally Reaper since 2008 or so. I've been doing the occasional flat now for about 8-9 years or so. Not sure. Older y'know...

Hannibal

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2017, 02:48:28 PM »
No question to comment, I am hanging onto your painting progresses !!!
Are you planning to paint with acrylics and then oil, or stay with acrylic?
Very promising work!!!
Michel
_______
Men are a bit like God: everything they can do, they do it. Or they will do it.  (Jean d'Ormesson)

Glen

• Associate
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 10:51:15 AM »
Starting to paint - all Reaper acrylics over a gray primer. The hat is a dark green base, the goggles are about 90% done as is the hair and the mechanical bits in her arm. I've also done some preliminary painting on her choker ornament and the clasps on her corset.

Qs and Cs welcomed.

Glen

Glen

• Associate
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 10:16:54 AM »
A small update... I've finished off the rest if the mechanical arm using thin sheet plastic, some engraving, thin slices of octagonal plastic rod for bolt heads, wine bottle foil, and some putty. I'm thinking it's ready for priming now.

Glen

Glen

• Associate
Steampunk Bust
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 10:12:58 PM »
I've started a small project using one of Ivan Durand's resin flat busts. I'm converting it to a Steampunk Pinup Girl. I've shortened the hat, added goggles (plastic tubing and putty), removed the necklace and added a choker, altered/added some details to the corset, and finally, converted her left arm to a mechanical apparatus.. I hollowed out the upper arm and added some watch gears, styrene rod/sheet, and a couple of sliced octagonal rod for bolts. I'm going to sheath the arm in metal from the shoulder to the wrist leaving a gap so the innards can be seen. I'm going to putty/paint a glove on her left hand. Here's what I've got so far...

Qs and Cs welcomed.

Glen