Author Topic: Mignot Madness  (Read 2707 times)

shogun

• Associate
Re: Mignot Madness
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2019, 04:52:08 PM »
Mignot-Figures will be a special object. For myself are the napoleonic set`s not interestly. So I get any figures from ebay. But they are any Romans (I think this set is not so historical.). Sobiesky is entering the horse is a nice group. I hope for the set "Louis XIV. and his court" in Kulmbach!
Greetings from Saxony
Ralf

Christoph

• Associate
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2019, 11:21:23 AM »
I know that Scholtz is expensive but the figures I mentioned are expensive even for Scholtz.

I won´t get to deep in the price discussion in this topic but I think as some figures become rare it become real collector object and the price rises.I know about the prices for drawings and engraving. Sure I´m happy to get some nice flats for cheap money but I also accept when an editor requiers a higher price.

The number of collectors for 30mm flats is shurly declining. Most collectors I know are 60 years upward. Naturally they will get less in the coming years. And there are not many young people interested in flats.

Christoph 

tinman

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2019, 09:14:54 AM »
Bob---Thanks for the contact information.

Christoph---Scholtz can be expensive, but if you live outside the EU, you don't have to pay the dreaded VAT. In my opinion, flat figures are very inexpensive. Most collectors, however, are a bunch of penny-pinching pensioners who have in their wallet the first coin they ever earned.  :)  I notice that Scholtz has been reducing their price for painted figures. Perhaps the number of collectors interested in the older 30mm figures is declining?

[size=78%]https://www.zinnfigur.com/Flachfiguren/Bemalt/30-mm-Luxus/17-18-Jh/Stab-Ludwig-XIV-anreitend.html?force_sid=orie2gb4r5dee11k3avj1us8b7[/size]

BobLeighton

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2019, 04:19:08 AM »

The pre order makes sure that you reserve your figures and for those who cant attend Kulmbach, they will for a fee post them to you.
My contact is Sonja.Decker@stadt-kulmbach.de
Hope that clears things up
Bob

Christoph

• Associate
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2019, 02:41:51 AM »
Scholtz sells some Mignot figures. They reduced the price already but still high.

https://www.zinnfigur.com/Flachfiguren/Flohmarkt/17-18-Jhr/Mignot-Kavallerie-im-Marsch-um-1672-oxid.html
It´s the same as with the Gottstein Murten set. When new figures are no longer available the price rises...
Christoph

merlino

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2019, 06:53:17 AM »
sorry, who does the pre-order do?
merlino957@outlook.com
"on paints first with the brain, rather than with the brushes..."

BobLeighton

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2019, 04:15:41 AM »

Yes you are right as to the set.
The price is 28 Euros and is available for pre ordering now.
If I understand my messages correctly they will start casting in July.
Bob

tinman

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2019, 10:26:56 AM »
Collectors driven "mad" by the prices for Mignot figures can console themselves with the fact that this is a Kulmbach year and the Plassenburg Museum will be issuing new castings. Several members have confirmed that this year's series will be "The Court of Louis XIV." (A delicious treat for collectors uninterested in the Napoleonic Era.)

For those going "crazy" with anticipation, I attach the seldom seen planche of Paul Armont depicting the "Cavaliers of the Dutch War 1672-1678."  The figures are also illustrated on page 31 of the Mignot catalog. Additional Armont planches can be found on Alexander Baden's wonderful site:

http://www.flats-zinnfiguren.com/contents3.html

marko

• Administrator
Mignot Madness
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2019, 01:46:57 PM »
EBAY Germany has been simply awash in Mignot castings - all of them mint and I suspect newly cast of late.  Hopefully the trend continues as there are some wonderful sets from them.

Sadly I was priced out of my Holy Grail - Napoleon's Staff on foot with horse holders and I will have to be content with the 1,000 or so unpainted figures I have currently.  (The very first time I have seen this set offered on Ebay so hopefully this means Leipzig Collectors are producing it again...)

mark  8)

Site Admin