Author Topic: 1410  (Read 1009 times)

shogun

• Associate
Re: 1410
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2020, 10:27:40 AM »
Hi Bernt,
great paintwork - Tannenberg and the Retreat 1812 too!
Greetings from Saxony
Ralf

Grimm

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2020, 09:28:48 AM »
It may be a generational question if you paint on both sides. I belong to the older generation. The advantages of painting on one side is that you have time to paint more figures. It took me over 10 years to complete the 1812 retreat. :)

Christian

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2020, 05:39:08 AM »

Hi,

Wonderful work, great scene, well done!

Wolfgang also engraves wonderful figures !!

Although I mean, even if the horse has now fallen to its knees, but as a knight's warhorse it could perhaps have been a tiny bit larger from the engraving ...?!? But that would be a remark / criticism at a very high level ;-) I still like this group of figures the way they are!

The discussion of one-sided / two-sided painting is as old as painting tin figures.

Even if you usually only see one side in a diorama or in a hanging picture, the figure always deserves the painting on the back!

Thanks for showing,

BG

Christian
Christian, Kettwig (Germany)
Privatoffizin Kettwiger Zinnfiguren / Kettwiger tin figures

Christoph

• Associate
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2020, 01:08:22 PM »
Nice painted!
I paint nearly all my figures on both sides. I donĀ“t like to paint them on just one side. There is something missing (for my opionin)!
The Tannenberg figures by Mr. Friedrich are very lively and some of the best you can get nowadays.
Christoph

Grimm

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2020, 08:16:53 AM »
The fight of the banner of Dobieslaw of Olesnica 1410, engraved by Wolfgang Friedrich. And yes, painted on both sides. The majority of all my figures are painted on both sides, although I don't think there is any problem with just painting one side.