Author Topic: BFFS Show  (Read 4977 times)

PJDeluhery

• Global Moderator
Re: BFFS Show
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2013, 11:19:05 AM »
That picture of you guys in the Ferrari raises the "cool factor" of this Society enormously!

You should take that car to all the shows you attend.

And a 20-pound rental - are you kidding me? In the US, even if you cold find one, it would cost you a few hundred dollars to rent for the day.

Well done!
BFFS Member,
N. American Rep.
If the world is wrong; then right your own self...Brother Dave Gardner

Nicholas Ball

• Secretary
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2013, 02:38:38 PM »
Photos!!!!

Is that Noddy and Big Ears in that red car?   Shouldn't it have yellow wings?   ;D ;D ;D ;D

flatken

• Associate
Re: BFFS Show ken acton
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2013, 01:50:33 PM »
   I would like to thank everybody at the show for making me feel very welcome . Its very nice to put faces to names . Thanks again.

Simon H

• Associate
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2013, 07:57:02 AM »
Ok, I understand now regarding fees and PayPal.

However, when sending someone money in PayPal you can select whether you or the recipient pays the transaction fee. Couldn't we just make a rule that everyone had to pay their own fees?

I can't actually remember, but if we did this would PayPal cost us anything at all?

Simon

Nicholas Ball

• Secretary
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2013, 03:20:43 PM »
Yes Brian, it's surprising what you can hire for £20 a day round here. For an extra £5 I could have hired a Lambourgini Aventador, but I couldn't justify the extra expense!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Mind you my cousin has an interesting motor, but like all exotic beasties, they do have their little quirks!

Every time he stops, there's an almighty Bang and the doors and bonnet randomly fall off.
He stands there every time with his head in his hands repeating   "Silly little French car" :o

People are always coming up to him and saying  " You know what Coco, if we didn't know better we'd take you for a Clown.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ed Humphreys

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2013, 01:42:08 PM »
I did say we would look at the PayPal Situation. Members are asked to add £1 to cover costs. Several do not. Overseas members pay £1, but the charges do come to somewhere between £1.20 and £1.30. Charges for UK members often come to £0.95, while others are not charged at all. I need to look into these inconsistencies and work out how much we are losing in fees. If it is a considerable amount, perhaps we will need to reconsider the amount we ask for to cover fees.

Ed H

Glen

• Associate
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2013, 11:49:08 AM »
Simon, off the top of my head, websites, Journals, society commissioned figures all cost money. The use of paypal, while a convenience for many (especially those overseas) comes at a cost that eats into revenue. Then there's the ever growing beer fund... ;)

Of perhaps more concern, was there anyone under 50 at the show? Where are the younger  - thinking teens and 20s here - folks?

Glen

Simon H

• Associate
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2013, 11:23:07 AM »
What's the thinking behind increasing the price for using PayPal? Can't see the logic.

Simon

Brian

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2013, 06:32:28 AM »
That's it another AGM out the way, a enjoyable day meeting up with old mates and seeing what they been up to,  Martin giving a run down on the past year and what to look  forward to :D

Ed gave a outline on the membership and I believe this is staying again at present rate but an increase for using PayPal.

I also believe the committee stays the same ( you got me for another year as part of the team!!!) but not sure as I was distracted at this point and did not hear ::)
Western Miniatures, Glorious Empires and Fredericus-Rex figures where on sale as well as a few private  figures sold by members.

Will leave the details to others but it was a busy day for me and again did not get chance to see the great figures on display.

Thanks to Nick for being the driver, and wow what a car I'm going to have to play some more in that one  8)             

Nicholas Ball

• Secretary
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2013, 04:17:58 PM »
They are a breed, weren't they a breed in ' The hills have eye's?'    :-\

Do the little buggers bite then???????

Not painting anymore of them then!!!!  :o ;D ;D ;D ;D

Brian

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2013, 01:34:31 PM »
Can you be a racist to Fairies :o  are fairies  a race :-\

Nicholas Ball

• Secretary
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2013, 08:45:18 AM »
I wouldn't do him any favours mate !!!! :o

He's racist towards Fairies !!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Brian

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2013, 08:24:27 AM »
Yep I can do that  ;D

hawk

• Associate
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2013, 04:22:42 AM »
Hi Guys,

Hope you have a good meeting and show, sorry I cant be with you.

But if anyone wants one of Rafa's flats or any of the Hawk kits then let me know and I will ask Brian nicely to bring them up.

Cheers
John Fitzgerald
---------------------------------------------------
Hawk Miniatures

Blog: www.hawkminiatures.co.uk
Shop: www.hawkminiatures.co.uk
Follow @HawkMiniatures on Twitter
And hawk.miniatures on Facebook

Noddy

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2013, 02:19:35 PM »
Hi Guys I am still here,will see you all next Sunday and have put a very badly spelt post on the Members Forum,very sorry

Martin