Author Topic: Callot´s Gobbis  (Read 897 times)

Hannibal

Re: Callot´s Gobbis
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2020, 09:36:43 AM »
Her's the picture of Serge's painting at Kulmbach in 2019: (Silver award in Standard Class)

Michel
_______
Men are a bit like God: everything they can do, they do it. Or they will do it.  (Jean d'Ormesson)

Brian

Re: Callot´s Gobbis
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2020, 04:52:00 AM »

I see these as well at Kulmbach and also was spent, lovely figures , his first edited set

Serge Monereau is a member of the AFCFEF  so can be contacted through the club      http://afcfef.fr/

Have a look at their figures, some great figures there 

Well done on the paint Christoph

Christoph

• Associate
Callot´s Gobbis
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2020, 04:30:25 AM »
Hello,

in 1622 the artist Callot from Nancy draw around 20 figures he called Gobbis. Two of these drawings are now edited as flats.

I´m a huge fan of Callot´s work of which some can be found as flats. For example some of the figures of "Wallensteins Lager" by v. Droste are based on Callots work.

Normally I paint only 30mm figures but had to make an exception when I saw this to figures directly based an Callots work. They are edited by Serge Monereau. I first saw the figures at Kulmbach in 2019 but it was late on Saturday and I run out of money at that time.
So a friend bought them for me this year at Schmalkalden.
Unfortunadly I have no contact details from Mr Monereau. If you know him please let him know that I´m very happy with his figures.

Christoph