Author Topic: Miscellaneous Show Pictures  (Read 8101 times)

fesak_j

• Associate
Re: Miscellaneous Show Pictures
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2018, 05:36:28 AM »
Michel: I have added years, except Greg s as I do not know I guess someone else will know  :)

Hannibal

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2018, 04:45:10 AM »
Which year(s) do they relate?
Michel
_______
Men are a bit like God: everything they can do, they do it. Or they will do it.  (Jean d'Ormesson)

fesak_j

• Associate
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2018, 03:53:00 AM »

A few from me from my mags as I have scanned:

1/ Kaiser Maximilian - Greg DiFranco
Military Modelling Masterclass - Bill Horan

2/ Piper - Gil Norton
The military Collectors of New England Jun/1979
Campaings 25

3/ Figurines 05 - 1995 (painter?)

Hannibal

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2018, 05:28:56 PM »
Two examples ...

Euromilitaire 1994 - Mike Taylor

"The seven Suabians"
Gold award
Folkestone (GB)
Pict. from: French Magazine "Figurines" No 1, p.21

Euromilitaire 1994 - Serge Franzoïa

"Etendard de St Andrew"  30mm
Folkestone (GB)
Pict. from: French Magazine "Figurines" No 1, p.23

Michel
_______
Men are a bit like God: everything they can do, they do it. Or they will do it.  (Jean d'Ormesson)

Hannibal

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2018, 03:58:00 PM »
This is a good idea, to re-open some works from those who gave us this passion !!
I have also all French magazines "Figurines" from No 1 till today in PDF.They contain reeportings of the mains Shows in Europe and sme in the USA, since .... 1994 !
But very few pictures related to flats.

One exemple is Sèvres 1995, a flat from Conrad Schultz "Kaiser Maximilian"

a quality we have sometimes difficulty to find today also ... like some of your pictures given below !!!!

Perhaps we can collect these jewelleries before they are lost .... on this forum, in a gallery.
I tried to collect pictures from European shows back to ... 2007, but before impossi ble to fnd on internet or in forums, they have cleaned their old data.

Therefore I can suggest to load these pictures re-discovered in shows galeries.

Mark can perhaps open one(1) show gallery per year for years 1990 to 2005 and call each of them "Old Shows 1991", "Old Shows 1992", .....

Then each of us will load pictures discovered in our ccc  (I will read ans screen all "Figurines" from start and pick up the pitures related to flats).

Loading will indicate in the description above the picture:  The show name and year  (Chicago 1995, Sèvres 1997, Blagnac 1993, ...  , followed by the name of the painter.

Then at the bottom (in the description détails, indicate the name of the flat and any elevent détails if known =size, award or BoS, ....)  This in order later to use the SEARCH function and trace back these pictures easily !! This tool is ver powerful.

If you have problems with the quality of the picture, you can email them to me I will standardize the size, adjust contrast, clean any dust, and adjts frame and alignment as facing up, before loading.  I would leave my private email to send them easily and I can load and indicate WHO has provided the picture, as I do since three years in eh Shows.

This will give a very lice and unique long history of the flats, to the benefit of the whole Communit.

If idea is agreed, I will start reading the magazines starting next week and extract the pictures ad data information data related to them; I will report in the forum the years where I found pictures, so in a few weeks, Marko can open these Old Shows years, where there will be pictures, and open them progressively instead of all at once remaning void or empty for a while !!!

Opening one show per year is better as we can find allpicture of a same year and which show in the title.  You can use existing show names as guidance to name the first art of the description.  Author shoud contain frst name of initial and full last name to recognize the person, not just he first name ... as shos are related to 10 to 15 years backwards ...

Thanks to give your objections or agreement on this proposal or any other.  The Gallery today is one of the largest compedium of painted flat made available electronically to all probably in the world !!!

Michel
Michel
_______

marko

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2018, 02:29:25 PM »
Euro Militaire 1998
[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
Mike Taylor

Euro Militaire 2009
Ed Humphreys

Site Admin

marko

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2018, 02:27:57 PM »
Euro Militaire 1995
Jim Woodley
Mike Taylor
Mike Taylor

Euro Militaire 1998
Mike Taylor
Chuck Taylor
Greg DiFranco
Site Admin

marko

• Administrator
Miscellaneous Show Pictures
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2018, 02:20:42 PM »
I was going through a bit of my library which goes back a ways and found a wealth of great work.

World Expo 1993
Chuck Smith
Jim Woodley

Chicago Show 1995
Chuck Smith
Frank Fernandel

Best of Show World Expo 1995 - Mike Taylor