Author Topic: the differents supports to paint the both faces'flats  (Read 6387 times)

Isabelle

Re: the differents supports to paint the both faces'flats
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2014, 03:23:13 PM »
Eric,
Thanks very much. It's a good solution. I have seen pictures with easel on the link of Zinnfigurenfreude Leipzig. But I wondered if it's solid enough to lean on the easel to paint ? And at what level do your hand is ?

Isabelle

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2014, 03:12:33 PM »
Very goods ideas ! ! 

Glen thanks very much   :) it's very practical because the size is more adapted than a standard base.

Be careful Roger  :D If you're ready for a raid in your wife's needlework basket   ........ try not to be prisoner  of all the needlework of the basket  :D :D  :D

alfsboy

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2014, 02:31:09 PM »
If its single sided I used a piece of foam board with a slot for the base cut in it .For both sides and rond boss figures I stick them to a strip of wood I bought years  ago .Napoleon isnt glued down but you can see the outline of a  base .
The holes in the wood are for my Trackpass 1/43 figures which have paperclip type wire inserted in figure and base ,its not a great way of holding them  :-[
http://i.imgur.com/yF4S47Hl.jpg[/img]]

errant49

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2014, 02:04:30 PM »
A few pictures are better than a long speech
I have some little pieces of wood of different sizes; I stuck the figures on them with double side tape; so I can paint only one or several figures
[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
To paint I put the figure(s) on my easel so that it is just at the level of my eyes; so I do not have to bend over the table which is much better for my back !
[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
Just be carefull when you remove the figure from the wooden base; use a very thin blade
Eric

socko47

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2014, 12:57:07 PM »
I thought I saw someone using a wine cork and another using a bottle cap at WorldExpo. My friend Joe Videki, from Canada paints minis. Have a look at this page:
          www.geocities.com/jvideki/TMWOJV-Index.html
to see his various ways including: a flat head screw into a dowel, the holder for a number of dowels, pinned bases with a holder, and corks. Lots of ways to make a creative holder.
     For one side work I have taken black foam board of a size you prefer, cut a slot to hold the base AND glue another small piece of foam to the back. So when it sits on my work bench it is tilted with the top raised, like a tiny drafting board. I usually make it slightly larger than the piece so I can note the colors I am using on the board, in pencil.
           I remember seeing old paint tins like Humbrol or Games Workshop being used. Those tiny jars of jelly at the hotel could work too. I guess it is what you feel the most comfortable holding onto, not only upright but upside down and sideways.

Roger

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 12:41:30 PM »
That's a good idea, I think it's time for a raid on my wife's needlework basket. She won't miss a cotton reel or two.  ;D
Roger Newsome.
BFFS member.
Bedale, North Yorkshire.

Glen

• Associate
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 12:07:19 PM »
If I understand correctly you are looking for a way to hold a 30mm two-sided flat while painting it and/or a means of displaying it after painting it. Try wood spools from a hobby craft store. They come in various sizes.

Si je comprends bien, vous êtes à la recherche d'un moyen de tenir un plat 30mm recto-verso en peignant et / ou un moyen d'affichage après le peindre. Essayez bobines de bois dans un magasin d 'artisanat. Ils viennent dans différentes tailles.

Glen

Roger

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 11:47:29 AM »
I Blu-tack them on to small blocks of wood Isabelle. I am also interested to hear what other people do.

Roger Newsome.
BFFS member.
Bedale, North Yorkshire.

Isabelle

the differents supports to paint the both faces'flats
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 09:02:55 AM »
Hello at all  :)

I had bought there are 3 years on Fredericux Rex's internet shop, a piece of wood inclined and at the extremity an litttle piece of wood where put with some blue tack for example, the flats. It's a very good idea but I have used it but the problem was the flats weren't at the same level as the piece of wood inclined and I hadn't used it.

In his book, Mike Taylor say he use a base similar as for the round figures. But I think it mustn't be stable enough for 30 mn flats ?  :P

What do you use as support ?

Thanks for your help  :)