Author Topic: Introduction from The Netherlands  (Read 5498 times)

Brabantje

• Associate
Re: Introduction from The Netherlands
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2017, 03:43:03 PM »
Michel :D   reference USB have sent PM        Thanks Mike

Brabantje

• Associate
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2017, 03:28:45 PM »
Willie :D ......many thanks for the welcome....thought your card  might be TIN and FLAT mike

Hannibal

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2017, 09:41:59 AM »
If you keep interest, I could send you a usb key with 5 Power Points files containing pics of flats 100-160mm, 90mm, 80mm and busts historic and fantasy, painted and unpainted , with reference to vendors, ...(about 2,000 pages, one pic/flat per page). (750 Mb)

(I've also 75mm, 54 mm, 30-65 and many 30mm per period of history ....)
Michel
_______
Men are a bit like God: everything they can do, they do it. Or they will do it.  (Jean d'Ormesson)

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2017, 08:59:40 AM »
Welcome Mike. 69 years old my social security card is a clay tablet  BC. My first ship in the Navy was the Ark :o  I hope that you well enjoy are club. Willie

Brabantje

• Associate
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2017, 02:03:19 AM »

:D Michel.. Good morning   thank you for the information   look forward to PM.....interests
Napoleonics.........enjoy  Fantasy........Christmas.....so 1790-1815...........1850-1900
anything thatsintersting to paint  Example Landknechts and so on........mike

Hannibal

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2017, 02:36:36 PM »
Reply is no, in most cases, except some vendors and if istorical.
But I can send you a list of vendor in 120mm and when you choose, one to several painted versions I am collecting since 4 yours of existing paintings.

Since one year I am also adding in the Galleries of pics I ave added myself a détails comment where you can find the editor, the size, the engravor, the painter and the name of the painting.  I am now staring to add also the name of te flat as given by te editor so you can find the paintings using that name in the seach function in the menu gallery.  But tis work is slowly updated backwards, and I can't do it for pictures added by other people tha, Hannibal.

I recommend you also to look at EBay.de where you find most of the flats, using the searching keyword "flachfiguren"  or French EBay.fr  using "plat d'étain'.  There are respectively some 2100 and 1,00+ flats on sales.  Adding 120mm or 110, 105, 100 mm to these words will reduce the selection ...

Other vendors sites for that size I will send you by MP / email.

You can use the seach in the main forum menu but members are not using a standard vendor's name so ou ave to try several synonyms ....

Others will give you also suggestions.

What are your subjects of interest ?? History? period, Fantastic, fantasy, animals, ??

Michel
Michel
_______
Men are a bit like God: everything they can do, they do it. Or they will do it.  (Jean d'Ormesson)

Brabantje

• Associate
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2017, 12:03:41 PM »

;) Thanks Michel......will check out the Gallery  later if that's ok   a question if and when   I buy a flat....want to work  120mmm  do they all come with a colour guide of the flat ti figure

cheers mike
can you give me  the website where you buy your flats please mike

Hannibal

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2017, 11:26:21 AM »
I started with acrylic and figurines for one year, time to learn the acrylic painting technic at home.

I entered into a Belgian forum then (closed today) and was invited to join a club near Waterloo where I discovered the beauty of oïl painting ... then I discovered flat painting and I do this now and nothing else ..... My wife followed me too right after. 
I am painting in sizes from 20 mm up to .. 160mm one side. 

You can see our works in te Gallery Members under Hannibal ... (see above menu)
There are several competitions and shows in France, Belgium and even Netherlands you can attend et meet people; see the galleries Shows  ( Eindhoven in October, Blankenberge end of August, ...) ....
Michel
_______

Brabantje

• Associate
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2017, 10:05:00 AM »

Michel...We live between  Eindhoven and Nijmegen  Born Wales 1944......1990  Came to Holland   Dutch Burgerschap 1995.......Family in London...Son......Spain  one son and one daughter  and one daughter here in Uden.........thanks for the very kind welcome appreciated

What scale  are you painting......do you use Oils or Acrylic    mike

Brabantje

• Associate
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 09:45:09 AM »

:D Hallo Michel  Just over the border   we actually live in Uden  Noord Brabant   about 45 minites to your border  we are between  Eindhoven and Nijmegan......born in Wales...Moved to Holland 1990....  Dutch  1995 [ Burgerschap]
Many thanks for the kind welcome appreciate it......what scale are you painting!!! Oils Acrylic!!
 Mike

Hannibal

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 09:32:02 AM »
Welcome Mike, I'm Belgian, 70.5 years old, started flat tin paintig 4 years ago.  It is a lot of fun, love and pleasure.  Welcome on board, opening you can find a lot of pleasure from all of u.

You can read the SBS's and ask any question, we will support you with pleasure. Where are you located in te NL?
Michel
_______

Brabantje

• Associate
Introduction from The Netherlands
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 09:26:00 AM »

Hallo I,d like to introduce myself I'm Mike aged  73 from the Netherland  whilst my hobby is Military  modelling  Figures....just returned after 38 years away.....always wanted to try Flat tin Figures  I know nothing what so  ever about Flat tin figures..................so guess ..I'm in the right place to read...digest and to learn more.......looking forward to finding my way around...asking  questions
about Flat tin Figures......thank you for taking time out to read this posting...........Mike