Author Topic: New releases  (Read 17716 times)

Glen

• Associate
Re: New releases
« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2015, 12:55:33 PM »
Well Joerg, perhaps I'm a bit ahead of things...

My point is when a new product is announced, there should always be an image of the product (you did this) and there should always be a colored example as well - either a painted piece or a colored drawing. Not every one here is an expert in Napoleonic uniforms, least of all me. I, and others, need a painting guide; even if it's an enlarged copy of the drawing filled in with colored pencils. It doesn't have to be shaded or highlighted, just colored with as close as an example of the actual colors as possible so that the buyer knows that (as a generic example) the boots are black, the pants are gray, the jacket is red with white piping, the belts are white, etc. This could even be described as a short block to text as a starter: Pants = Dark Gray, Jacket = Crimson Red, etc. That said, nothings beats an actual color image.

This is an issue that is common in the flat industry and one that I have addressed before. I no longer buy pieces that that are nothing more than a few words and a price or just a name and a drawing. Text does nothing to describe the actual engraving/cast and drawings often have differences from the engraving as well. Painted pieces can hide a multitude of engraving/casting problems if it's the only reference. I've had too many disappointments there.

I am currently working on the Pinup #4, the Austrian (Hungarian) Grenadier. I plan to post a running series of images/text as an SBS in the Techniques Forum very soon. You and Brian are welcome to use the finished piece on your websites if you think it will help sell them.

Cheers,

Glen

Joerg

« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2015, 07:35:40 AM »
Uhm, Glen, I am not quite sure if I got the point:

Here all figures are given in clour, as far as there are coloured examples.

Right now I am working at PinUp 5+6 and when finished I will present them here.

On my website coloured exampled can be found too (if existing).
I am going to add some alternative paintings, if I can get permission from the friends who painted them
and if I will win the struggle with HMTL.

If not that - what are you suggesting?

Regards
Joerg
Liquorice, sire, is not the least important of our benefits out of the dark heart of Arabia.

G.K.Chesterton

Glen

• Associate
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2015, 05:52:52 PM »
Joerg, I saw the drawings on your site. Do you think they could be colored and posted on your site and here so that people will know what colors to use? It might help sales (I know in my case it would)  ;) .

I'm working on Pinup #4 now. Lots of research to figure out what I was looking at.

Cheers,

Glen

Joerg

« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2015, 06:09:24 AM »
So, here we are:

Rosi and Sarah (PinUp5+6),
both completely done of our own mind....
both 45 mm

Drawing Max Märing
Engraving Regina Sonntag
Liquorice, sire, is not the least important of our benefits out of the dark heart of Arabia.

G.K.Chesterton

Joerg

« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2015, 04:08:40 PM »
Finally

Roberta Gordon  ;D

G.K.Chesterton

Glen

• Associate
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2015, 05:51:33 PM »
Nice! PM sent.

Glen

Joerg

« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2015, 01:28:44 PM »
Again,

my kind of painting.
Gordon's Highlanders still in progress.

G.K.Chesterton

Glen

• Associate
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2015, 12:44:23 PM »
Thanks Joerg! I had the impression from the last discussion (before Christmas?) that they at the engraver and well along. I knew what 3 & 4 were, I had a hint at  5 & 6.  ;) :-X

Joerg

« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2015, 12:05:40 PM »
Hi Glen,

the drawings for the next four are at the engraver; she ist working Numbers 3 and 4.
Hopefully we will have priority with numbers 5 to 8.

Numbers 3 and four will be Hungarian + British.,
numbers 5 + 6 British and Prussian
numbers 7 and 8 will keep a hidden surprise (just to create some suspense)  ;D

G.K.Chesterton

Glen

• Associate
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2015, 11:02:18 AM »
Joerg/Brian: what's the status of the next two Napoleonic Pin-up Girls? I haven't seen any mention of then in some time...

Glen

Brian

« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2014, 05:17:04 AM »
The to Figures painted by Glen ;D
No plans For LTS to stock the figures. 

alfsboy

« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2014, 05:59:03 PM »
It seems to work on Firefox  on my Mac.Firefox is my first choice .
Martin

Glen

• Associate
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2014, 03:59:48 PM »
Joerg, I tried Chrome and IE. Neither worked at the time. I'll try the IE again. How old is your site? Since browsers are constantly evolving, maybe it's time for an upgrade?

...and Brian, Chris, Nick: do send some pics of the unpainted and painted Napoleonic Pinups. You can use my painted versions if you like. You might also send some pics of the next two/four as well, just so he's clear this isn't a one-shot deal.

Cheers,

Glen

Brian

« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2014, 06:55:41 AM »
Jack at little Tin Soldier? I don't know, what do you think Joerg, Nick and Chris ;) 

Joerg

« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2014, 02:13:50 AM »
@Glen, 
as I wrote:

ONLY with Internet Explorer you can find a working website.
(Just tested it a minute ago)
When the site was designed virtually No one used another explorer that IE; Chrome even wasn't invented....

Joerg

G.K.Chesterton