Author Topic: Shows for 2015  (Read 4309 times)

Michael_43

• Associate
Re: Shows for 2015
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2015, 03:44:29 AM »
Hallo Tony,

you can travel with the fast ICE to Würzburg an then with the slower trains to Kulmbach. Kulmbach is a small town, so it´s a
problem to find a hotel during the Kulmbacher Zinnfigurenbörse. But there are other towns with railway stations near Kulmbach
like Bayreuth, Neuenmarkt-Wirsberg, Lichtenfels, etc. with hotels (look at Google maps). Ask the tourist informations
(Fremdenverkehrsbüro Bayreuth); they speak englisch.
The railway station in Kulmbach is near the city, where you can visit the "Börse" near the town hall, where you can see the
competition. To visit the Plassenburg with it´s 300.000 figures use the bus near the town hall.
You need some empty boxes and a lot of money (use 5,10,20 and 50 € pieces) for the figures. It´ll be very expensive !!!
Don´t drink too much of the good Kulmbacher beer; you´ll have to find the railway station again.

In Bayreuth there are nice museums like "Neues Schloß Bayreuth", "Erimitage", Villa Wahnfried (Richard Wagner), etc.
and in Neuenmarkt Wirsberg is a big railway museum with old trains.
On monday all museums in Germany are closed.

Print the Google maps and other informations (trains, museums, etc.) on paper. Sometimes you´ll have trouble with your
smartphone or i-pad in Germany.

Best regards

Michael

Michael_43

• Associate
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2015, 03:08:52 AM »
Hallo Tony,
in Ingolstadt is the competition "Herzog von Bayern" 15.5.2015-17.5.2015.
I visited this competition some years ago with a train. You can travel with the fast ICE direct to Ingolstadt.
The railway station is outside of the city, so use the bus or a taxi to drive from the railway station to the city.
In the city there is the baverian army museum (Bayerisches Armeemuseum Ingolstadt) part one middle age to 1914
with a lot of figures and big dioramas (Leuthen, Leipzig, etc.) in the tower. This year they show a big Napoleon exhibition, too.

For part two you have to cross the river Donau with the exhibition 1914-1945 and the competion Herzog von Bayern in the
Klenzepark/Exerzierhalle (look at Google map).

For hotels ask the tourist information (Fremdenverkehrsbüro Ingolstadt). Ingolstadt has a lot of hotels.

On the way to Ingolstadt you can visit the Heinrichsen exhibition in Nürnberg, near the railway station Nürnberg,
Kühnertsgasse 18-22. Look at www.altstadtfreunde-nuernberg.de . The exhibition ends 8/2015.
On monday they are closed.

Best regards

Michael

boredteenager

• Associate
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2015, 05:11:50 PM »
Hello there,
I'm thinking about going to Kulmbach this year. However, as its my first time, I don't know too much about it - other than that it appears to be a very interesting & attractive place with THE flat figure show going on. So any useful info you old hands can give me would be most welcome. I seem to remember reading in an old BFFS journal that there was a hotel that you lot all go to. Is that still the case & how to contact? If not can you recommend any other accom.? I'll be going from UK, probably by train - any fruits of experience to offer on logistics?
Any help / observations would be much appreciated.

I notice a show at Ingolstadt mentioned - how do they compare?

Thanks - Tony

Nicholas Ball

• Secretary
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2014, 06:26:16 PM »
Ingolstadt would be good ;)  will have to see how the year starts panning out.

Hannibal

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2014, 11:40:38 AM »
Ransart end of January, but also Montrouge in Paris on April 11-12 2015
Michel
_______
Men are a bit like God: everything they can do, they do it. Or they will do it.  (Jean d'Ormesson)

Glen

• Associate
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2014, 10:54:37 AM »
Assuming this is not Europe only...

LoneStar Figure Show in Dallas, TX in March

ReaperCon in Lewisville, TX in late April

Tulsa (OK) Figure Show in early June

All of these are figure shows (ReaperCon also features extensive fantasy gaming and a myriad of painting and sculpting classes).

Cheers,

Glen

Brian

Shows for 2015
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2014, 06:35:41 AM »
This year will be a busy year with Ransart next month, Welling in March followed by Knowle the day after, BMSS up in London, there is no Aldershot, we have Kulmbach, if you've not booked a hotel yet I suggest you get a move on as it's getting full :o  Euro Militaire  and then to Eindhoven.
This is what we have planed with a few more added as we get into the year, but where are you thinking of going?