Author Topic: Egyptian harem bath  (Read 3350 times)

Re: Egyptian harem bath
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2021, 10:25:43 AM »
 Very happy for you :D  I wish her the best 8)   Willie

Hannibal

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2021, 05:08:18 AM »
Sorry, I ......  did forget to look in my grey army, packed in the cellar, 0only 3 days for the 100th years celebratoin of my Mom...Will do end of January on ly return.
Michel
_______
Men are a bit like God: everything they can do, they do it. Or they will do it.  (Jean d'Ormesson)

louis

• Associate
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2021, 03:36:00 AM »
Hello again Michel!

Did you find the original figure with the backside engraved by Frank?

All the best,
Louis

louis

• Associate
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2021, 04:58:44 AM »
So !

Thanks Ralf!

Clear signature of Braune!

As I said, mine is very weak and barely visible.

Best wishes,
Louis

louis

• Associate
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2021, 04:30:23 PM »
The back of my cast is also marked with the typical B for Helmut Braune - in the right corner. My cast is from around 2010. The editor is Dr. Hans Schwahn now.

O.K. Very good. There is something on mine too, but very vague. So now I now.

Thanks!

shogun

• Associate
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2021, 04:10:04 PM »
So !
Greetings from Saxony
Ralf

Hannibal

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2021, 01:58:44 PM »
I was close to guess it on the earlier picture .... but with a small 'b' !! :D :D :D

Michel
_______
Men are a bit like God: everything they can do, they do it. Or they will do it.  (Jean d'Ormesson)

beloc zoc

• Associate
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2021, 01:18:39 PM »
The back of my cast is also marked with the typical B for Helmut Braune - in the right corner. My cast is from around 2010. The editor is Dr. Hans Schwahn now.

shogun

• Associate
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2021, 11:50:11 AM »
The back of my cast is marked with the typical B for Helmut Braune - in the right corner. My cast is from around 1980. The editor was Heinz Bittner in Halle.
Greetings from Saxony
Ralf

louis

• Associate
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2021, 08:14:22 AM »
Mistake and I don't know how to erase it.

But somehow I managed to erase your message. Sorry.

Hannibal

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2021, 07:31:32 AM »
Dear Michel,   Thanks for this. Exiting if you have the complete version of this rare figure.

It would help me a lot if I could use a photograph of the back side engraved by Frank as well the corresponding foot plate with his signature. Preferably with a black background if possible just as you have done with the photos which you have enclosed.

About anything on the backside footplate of the newly engraved figure. Actually there is something very vague, but I think it is markings of a pair of pliers.

/Louis

« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 08:16:37 AM by louis »
Michel
_______

louis

• Associate
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2021, 07:14:48 AM »
Dear Henry,

Thanks for this, but how do we know that it was engraved by Helmut Braune. There is no signature on the new back side foot plate. See photo.

/Louis

Hannibal

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2021, 02:35:09 PM »
I have the figure with the missing back at home, and I thnik I have also the complete one; however I am in Turkey at present with only a few flats for painting, but not my grey army.

I can search it when spending a few days  back home around October 24th, but not before for the second (F1972).

I have picture of the first one below.

Michel
_______

beloc zoc

• Associate
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2021, 01:14:33 PM »
Dear Louis,

the new backside was engraved by Helmut Braune (Meißen). Sorry, but I never saw the original flat from L.Frank.

Best regards, Henry

louis

• Associate
Egyptian harem bath
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2021, 12:49:04 PM »
Dear collector friends,

I am writing an article on one special figure from the series Egyptian harmem bath engraved by Ludwig Frank, missing one figure to complete it. So I wonder if by chance anybody has the enclosed figure in its original version, i.e. with both sides engraved by Ludwig Frank.

You see, the back side mould was destroyed and some castings were done with no engraved backside, like the one the first two photos here. Later somebody (Hans Lecke?) engraved a backside to it as seen on the third photo here.

I know that this is a long shot, but without asking there will be no success. 

All the best,
Louis