Author Topic: Charge of the Light Brigade  (Read 25202 times)

fesak_j

• Associate
Re: Charge of the Light Brigade
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2016, 10:43:29 AM »
amazing  :)  i m in to get one too

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2016, 10:01:21 AM »
Very nice . I would like to get a set of these figures. I can see Errol Flynn leading the charge now. Willie

Mike G

• Mike
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2016, 09:40:13 AM »
Can you do a Society special release?
New York

Mike G

• Mike
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2016, 09:35:00 AM »
Those are beautiful figures well done guys! 
New York

Charles

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2016, 09:16:54 AM »
Quick work Brian, they always look better with some paint on.
here is the Officer, tidied up a bit.

Brian

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2016, 03:06:18 AM »
Already got paint on some of the little guys, the photos show a lot of light reflection but will give you an idea
Do have to say well done Charles, as a first set you have hit the ground running (-;

marko

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2016, 12:14:44 PM »
Congratulations Brother Charles and great story, your enthusiasm shines through.  I am looking forward to seeing the figures.

Mark  8)
Site Admin

Mike G

• Mike
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2016, 10:28:39 AM »
I'd be very happy to buy a set when they're available and would love to see some photos of the finished article. 

Would also love to see some Russians at some point!  Happy to throw in on that at some point.
New York

Charles

Charge of the Light Brigade
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2016, 09:48:26 AM »
Some of you will recall the Charge of the Light Brigade figures drawn by Jank, alias Vladislav Yankovsky, our friend from Orsk in Russia.
Well, I had been communicating with Vlad over the Light Brigade, sending uniform details and discussing the figures. Then all went quiet and I thought the matter had been shelved when all of a sudden some drawings were posted and Brian suggested a consortium. That certainly didn't get off the ground, as is often the case with so many different tastes, so I decided to go it alone and got in touch again with Vlad, altered some of the drawings and had a few new ones made.
At Brian's instigation I then arranged with Karl Rieger to engrave ten of the figures, which was done back in April. Super engraving and a real thrill to have my own set of figures after many years of interest.
Only yesterday did I finally get round to Brian's workshop (a.k.a.the kitchen) in Gillingham where we spent the day casting figures. Well, what a task that is.
I finally after many hours came away with 5 of each figure. Pouring molten metal into the mould is relatively easy, you think you are rattling along. then when you have cast 50 or 60 figures and they have cooled down, you examine them. Most go back in to the melting pot. A tip of lance missing, a foot missing, pitting, too much flash. Brian I found was a bit of a perfectionist and i wasn't allowed to get away with anything.
Anyway we are in production soon. I have a few myself and will be sending one to Vlad, and I suppose I better get painting. 2D Figures are the sole agent, you can't get them anywhere else!
I will soon (when I have worked out how) post the drawings and the pictures of the flats themselves, together with my views of the figures and the plans for the future. After the initial designs I will be doing the more traditional side-on figures, so this first set is something of a one-off, a total of 8 Lancers charging. There are a couple of other figures available as individual castings according to taste.
I am not sure whether anybody else will share my pleasure, to be frank I am not looking for praise or any financial returns, but we offer them for sale in case anyone does like them and wants a set. There is nothing more to it than that, made for my pleasure and offered in a spirit of sharing. Don;'t consider yourself a customer, just a fellow enthusiast who is interested in the figures or the period.
There is lots more to say on future figures, more lancers, Hussars, Light Dragoons, Russian gunners and Hussars too. Vlad has done lots of drawings which i am having a close look at, and more engraving sessions are booked with Mr Rieger in September and October.
I am sure 2D figures will advertise when they are cast and ready for the shelves.
A huge thanks to Brian and his 'can-do' attitude. I will try and get some pictures out soon.
Charles