Author Topic: New releases  (Read 17713 times)

Glen

• Associate
Re: New releases
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2014, 12:05:03 AM »
Thanks Joerg. Your site does not appear to have any clickable links and the top framing seems to be scrambled or broken. That might explain why you can access it. If you haven't done so, you might want to have your designer and host look at it. Brian tells me that 2D will also carry them, but for some reason they have not been uploaded to the 2D site.

I still need to know if anyone has approached The Little Tin Soldier about carrying them in the US. Does anyone know? I have a feeling Jack (LTS) doesn't know about them.

Cheers,

Glen

Joerg

« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2014, 03:14:40 PM »
Hi Glen,

you can obtain the figures from me.

Unfortunately I am currently unable to access my website, so I can't place the New Releases   :(
www.joerg.scheibe.de.vu    (only with Internet Explorer)

Drawings for the next two are at the engraver; pictures for the last (?) two will go to the drawing guy (is it the expression?) within the next days.

Regards
Joerg
Liquorice, sire, is not the least important of our benefits out of the dark heart of Arabia.

G.K.Chesterton

Glen

• Associate
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2014, 11:07:41 AM »
Can someone - anyone - tell me where to get the these Napoleonic Pin-up girls based on Bartek's art? They do not appear on the 2D website. I want to spread the word and post them on Planet Figure and provide a link to their source, costs, and postage. I've asked Brian a couple of times, but he's either offline or not getting my email inquiries.

Also, is there any movement toward having the Little Tin Soldier carry these pieces in the US?

Standing by...

Glen

Glen

• Associate
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2014, 03:32:02 PM »
Brian, are you putting the pinup pieces on the 2D site? I can't seem to find the ones already released, so I'm not sure if the others are going up as well.

Glen

Brian

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2014, 04:52:05 PM »
Hello Alex, yes there's two more from the drawings of Bartek and two originals, one from Joerg and the other from me, these will still be Napoleonic but the surprise one's ;)   

Gloeckner

• Associate
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2014, 02:33:56 PM »
Hi Brain,
will you continue this lovely serie?
Best Regards
Alex

kevind

« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2014, 11:01:04 AM »
Just got two of Brians French Girls...great stuff...great service...
Thanks Brian...
Kevin

Glen

• Associate
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2014, 10:45:43 PM »
I have started an SBS in the Techniques forum using the French Infantrie Legere piece. Feel free to join in.

Glen

kevind

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2014, 08:31:26 PM »
Richard Poisson posted the books on facebook...they actually are books of these pinups...French published I think...

Glen

• Associate
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2014, 11:23:15 AM »

Jeorg, thanks for the information! I'll go with the black sabertache and skulls.

Kevin, I think the Osprey Men-at-Arms series might be a good place to start. I've been running through Google sites and images, but as related below, I've run into a few contradictions. Nevertheless, I'll bow to Jeorg's superior knowledge on the subject and paint the sabretache black and go with red, white, blue on the Legere's cockarde.

All that said, these are fantasy figures. There are already some modifications to the uniforms - cropping, tight-fitting, and high-heeled boots - etc, so there is some built-in leeway as to interpretation. Why not pink trim on the Hussar...?  ::)

Cheers,

Glen

kevind

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2014, 05:17:07 AM »
Does anyone know where the reference books for these figures can be purchased?
Thanks...

Brian

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2014, 12:55:49 PM »
eeeerrrrrrrrrr, yes Joerg I sent Glen a sample of each figure, they slipped into the parcel I was sending Glen ::)

Joerg

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2014, 12:42:22 PM »
@Glen, have you the figures in hand, that youcan be so generous with laurels?  ;)

Though printed already in 1810 in Berlin - a (after 1810) Hussar with skulls and bones and red sabretache is wrong.
There were two Hussar regiments in 1810-1815 Prussian army that had sabretaches of black glossy leather -
the 1st and 2nd Leib-Hussars (and skulls and bones)
The Pomeranian Hussars had black sabretache too, but no skulls and bones.

The remaining three regiments (Brandenburg, 1st Silesian, 2nd Silesian) had no skulls and so on and red sabretache.
Both Silesian regiments with yellow cypher and brim; Brandenburg Regt. with white cypher an brim.

There is also the possibility to paint the Hussar as a Volunteer. Minimum two units had Hussar Uniforms (again - I will do the research if somebody wants).

The bicorne girl is French. 
As painted Infanterie Légère for 1804 to 1807, but possible as Ligne too for that period. 
BUT perhaps even possible as an Italian or Dutch ....

Hope this helps.
Joerg
Liquorice, sire, is not the least important of our benefits out of the dark heart of Arabia.

G.K.Chesterton

Glen

• Associate
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2014, 12:05:03 PM »
Jeorg, could you clarify the sabretache design comment? I've seen several Google images where the sabretache is red with the cypher and the shako has the skull plate.

Also, is the gal wearing the bicorn (leger) French or German? There is a cocarde on the hat, but as illustrated it seems to be red and white rings with a black center. I would think the French would have red, white, and blue.

Obviously, the Napoelonic era is not my strong suit...

The above said, Bartek's illustrations are excellent and cover eras beyond the Napoleonic. There are some American Civil War pieces that would make outstanding flats. They are fantasy pieces, however, and my inclination is to paint them as such.

Now, for everyone else: these flats are outstanding. In my limited experience, these are easily the best small scale flats I've ever seen. Minimal cleanup, excellent anatomy, proportions, and perspective, plus crisp detail, and great faces. The people responsible for putting this project together did an excellent job. I'm looking forward to painting them.

Cheers,

Glen

Brian

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2014, 11:25:30 AM »
How many dozen's do you need Kevin!!!  ;)

Yes we send our figures anywhere  :)