Author Topic: Charge of the Light Brigade  (Read 25198 times)

Charles

Re: Charge of the Light Brigade
« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2016, 02:31:49 AM »

Oleg : Your'e right there were two, but I didn't think we had engraved both. I must be more careful! The figures haven't been cast yet, but it will probably be the New Year until I get them over to Brian to do that. Brian is my business mastermind, so he will be doing the sales as well as production. I know he takes Paypal, so we will make that announcement soon.

Joerg : I have lots of drawings but there are some inaccuracies in many, and I wanted different poses. Also some are only designed on one side, the reverse was not completed. Vlad used a computer programme to design on, which I don't have. So it is really very difficult to alter the designs.
The main problem however is that they are too small, and Karl said he could not enlarge them enough to engrave with. I might re-visit that with Karl. It is a shame that the Light Dragoons are missing, and I would like more Hussars.

Also this has been expensive. Over £2000 spent so far and very little return from sales despite Brian's worldwide contacts! I never expected anything different, but I do not ant to spend money on poor or inaccurate figures.

Joerg

« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2016, 02:08:41 AM »
Hello Charles,

for me one or two left-handed fighters are not the problem.
They lead away from the usual.

Anyway - in the summer you wrote the series will have "around 50 figures", now we have 26 (with gun).
Will there be more (except Nolan)?  Or did Vlad past away too early for bringing this project to an end?
Liquorice, sire, is not the least important of our benefits out of the dark heart of Arabia.

G.K.Chesterton

oleg

« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2016, 01:49:28 PM »
Hi Charles,
actually there are two left handed gunners: second and fourth figure.
I also would like to order some figures from the last set of photos so my questions are:
- are you accepting PayPal payment
- what are the prices for foot, mounted figure and a gun
If shipping to Canada is too expensive I have an address of my friend in Germany or I can pick up figures at Kulmbach from BFFS stand
thank you beforehand.
Oleg

Charles

« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2016, 12:39:17 PM »
Thanks Ed.
I can't see myself making the range any bigger, the demise of poor old Vlad makes it too expensive if I have to pay for a designer.
I still have a drawing for Nolan which I intend to get done, and probably another cavalry figure to make a pair for the slate, but all the changes I asked for didn't get done before Vlad died. The last two figures aren't my best choice but circumstances dictated unfortunately.
Also...spot the mistake.  One of the artillerymen is left handed, neither I not Karl Rieger spotted it until too late, so we flipped the design and did it again right handed!!

Brian, I can't see myself getting to you before Christmas now, but as soon as I can we can get some castings done.

Ed Humphreys

« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2016, 06:19:41 AM »
I'm drooling, Charles. Beautifully done.
Ed H

Charles

« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2016, 03:05:57 AM »
Here are the new figures. Some Russian Cossack Artillery, 4 Hussars, and some more Lancers.

Charles

« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2016, 02:46:54 AM »
Sorry everyone, I have the moulds but just being a bit slow. Poor old Brian is patiently waiting for me to bring them over to get some casting done, but I am really busy at the moment and can't see it happening before Christmas. But I might get a free day in a couple of weeks.
I do have the test castings, so in the next few days I will post some pictures.

Joerg

« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2016, 07:48:31 AM »
@Erich, thanks for the link.
Liquorice, sire, is not the least important of our benefits out of the dark heart of Arabia.

G.K.Chesterton

Erich

• Associate
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2016, 05:12:32 AM »

Joerg

« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2016, 04:37:24 AM »
Back to the Lancers.

Getting information about uniform and equipment is not  very easy.
Osprey's Men-At-Arms information differ quite from (e.g.) Cotton Woodville paintings.
So, any help would be much appreciated:

-What colour had the bugle cord? The linked picture suggests kind of gold/green?
Or white (collar's colour) ?

- What colour had the officer's trousers?  blue, as regulated
or grey, as introduced for rank-and-file (?) for test purposes
(according to Men-At-Arms The British Forces in the Crimea) ?

Thanks anyway!

G.K.Chesterton

Ed Humphreys

« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2016, 11:44:36 AM »
It goes without saying I would like the second part when available

bussy

« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2016, 11:04:39 AM »
I have the lancers and I would like to buy the new lots.
Philippe

Brian

« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2016, 03:02:52 PM »
Will let you know when part 2 is ready, just got to get around to casting the little guys  ::)

Mike G

• Mike
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2016, 09:00:51 AM »
Excellent. I'll take the gunners please. I have the lancers already
New York

Brian

« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2016, 05:50:53 AM »
Next lot are nearly ready so if you have not got the first lancers now is the time to put your order in to get the 2 sets,    Hussars and Russian gunners, gun this time!!