Author Topic: Bloody Kiss - SBS  (Read 6836 times)

Glen

• Associate
Re: Bloody Kiss - SBS
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2013, 12:12:03 PM »
Part 3

[ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ]

The first pic shows my progress so far. I removed the ridge on the left side of the tomb, removed the foot, angled the left side of the lid downward a bit, scribed in the lid lines, relocated the foot, and filled in the foot area and extended the small portion of the left leg that's visible under her derriere. I added new grass along the left side and angled it upward to reinforce the perspective. Lastly, I fixed the oddly bent little tow on her right foot. Still wish she was wearing some fancy vampire babe high heels...

The second pic shows a photo-shopped plan for adding some gnarly vines at the base - some wrapping around the corners. I've also added some cracks in the stone at the base/lid joins. I have options regarding the vines. Leaving them off. Making them brown and green as shown. Making them a dead gray and brown. I like them present. The living vines add some additional color to what is otherwise gray stone, pale flesh, and a red costume. The dead vines, on the other hand, reinforce the cold, dead grave aspect of the piece. Either way, the vines will break up the gray tone of the tomb.

Thoughts?

Cheers,

Glen

Glen

• Associate
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2013, 09:41:36 AM »
Part 2
[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Actually, Ken, that was my first thought as well! I'm leaning the other way now because it's a simple paint job - a lighter tone on the left side and a hard painted edge. No build out would be needed. I'd only need to remove the pie-cut under her foot and scribe the lid lines to establish perspective. The vertical line on the image shows where the paint line would be. The upper horizontal lines show the lid, the pie-cut is blacked out, the grass is drawn a bit taller on the left, and the bottom edge is squared off.

And, as I look at it, I can see that her left foot is a bit of a blob and will need some improvement as well as angling downward. Not much though; just enough to establish that it's dangling off the edge of the tomb.

I'm also thinking of adding some dead, twisted vines to the face and side of the tomb to break up the gray expanse of stone. Maybe a few cracks as well. Don't want to make it too busy, tho'.

Cheers,

Glen

mil-mart

• Associate
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 05:56:17 AM »
Glen in regard to the demon being off-center have you considered widening the tomb perhaps in line with her left hand. It might just be the easier option.
Looking forward to following this one.

Cheers Ken

Glen

• Associate
Bloody Kiss - SBS
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 04:41:11 PM »
 Part 1
[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Today I start Trost’s 75mm ‘Bloody Kiss’, a sultry Vampire babe. 75mm is the actual size. Standing erect, I think she’s closer to 90-100mm. As cast, the piece will fit nicely into a 2” x 3.5” frame opening.

For the most part, the piece is well done. Nice hair, pretty face, minimal costuming, and most of the body bits well proportioned. I say most because I think the arms look a tad thin and her dangling foot seems a bit big. There is also an oddly bent little toe. The feet are also bare; no shoes. I would think there would be some high heels at least. I mean, fantasy vampire babe, right? Otherwise, it’s all good.*

When I first saw a picture of the piece on the Little Tin Soldier website, I thought she was sitting on an above-ground sepulcher. The carved demon is on the end and the long side of the tomb was running back along the left side. There is a raised line that seems to reinforce this impression by establishing a corner. That said, there is a lack of perspective built into the side and the demon is off-center – probably to move it out from behind her leg. I don’t think this is how such a tomb would be designed.

I think I’m going to try and fix the perspective issues. I’ll move the ‘corner’ line in (and remove the old one) and slice a wedge shape out of the upper left edge of the top. I may have to alter the angle of her foot if I do this – not sure. I’ll also cut a line into the top to represent a lid. Lastly, I’ll square off the bottom edge of the tomb and re-establish the grass.

All of this assumes I am seeing what I think I’m seeing. Maybe not. Any ideas?

Questions and comments are welcome.

Cheers,

Glen

*My wife was curious as to why she appeared to be scratching her butt.