Author Topic: New Release : Duchy of Warsaw lancers Elite Company  (Read 1681 times)

snagy

Re: New Release : Duchy of Warsaw lancers Elite Company
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2020, 12:21:51 AM »
Very nice figures and also excellent paintwork!
Congratulations!
Sandor

zinnmartina

• Associate
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2020, 03:52:30 AM »
Very nice and interesting figures.
And I like the composition with the historical scources.

Grimm

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2020, 08:22:27 AM »
Very nice figures.

marko

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2020, 02:26:44 PM »
Stunning as always - I can remember going back to the old BFFS site some discussion about the units at Borodino.  That was back in 2013 with a few sets a year coming out since then.

Regardless if one is interested in the Napoleonic Wars you have filled many unfulfilled areas such as Russian cavalry, figures from Wurtemburg, Westphalia, Baden, Bavaria and Saxony not to mention British cavalry at Waterloo!  Just with your figures along one could represent the amazing colorful variety of the time period...congratulations!

mark  8)
Site Admin

aba

• Associate
New Release : Duchy of Warsaw lancers Elite Company
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2020, 02:02:05 PM »
Dear all,

finally the Duchy of Warsaw lancers Elite Company has been finished. I attach a photo. The figures have been designed by Mike Michaelis, engraved by Daniel Lepeltier and painted by Jörg Hensel.

There will be two more sets coming : The Duchy of Warsaw lancers Center Company and the Divisional or Brigade staff.

These figures can be used from 1812 to 1814. But they are specifically thought as members of Rozniecky´s Division at Borodino (3. 10. and 16. Rgt)  who fought alongside the Saxons against Russian Infantry and the Russian Guard Cuirassiers. There os a Roubaud picture in St. Petersburg Artillery museum which depicts this event.

The figures are painted to represent the 16. Rgt. They can be used nearly unaltered for the 2. and 9. Rgt. as well. Some alterations are necessary when representing another Rgt. Elite Company.

And one further remark : The Elites of lancers did´t wear a "busby" but a "shako a pool" i.e. a shako covered with fur.

Best regards

Alexander