Author Topic: Reception a la Malmaison - Mignot  (Read 2214 times)

Hannibal

Re: Reception a la Malmaison - Mignot
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2018, 02:32:10 AM »
I fully understand you Mark, because I am in the same situation !!!
Michel
_______
Men are a bit like God: everything they can do, they do it. Or they will do it.  (Jean d'Ormesson)

marko

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2018, 05:42:48 PM »
Thanks Michel. 

My intentions are always honorable with the intent to paint them up - in this case both sides.  However, time and more flats than time is always a bit of a barrier.  However, with a little luck and a 130 year life span I will work through all of my projects...

mark  8)
Site Admin

Hannibal

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2018, 05:20:36 PM »
This is looking like a very elegant event and scenery !!!
It will be interesting to see you painting them over the next year, unless you are collecting them as unpainted flats ...
There is no time limit to develop the serie ....
Michel
_______
Men are a bit like God: everything they can do, they do it. Or they will do it.  (Jean d'Ormesson)

marko

• Administrator
Reception a la Malmaison - Mignot
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2018, 05:07:00 PM »
One of the must have sets for me has been this one, which has always had a huge appeal.  I have just missed it twice previously and was happily able to find a set on Ebay.de and successfully bid.

This set is missing the table with two candelabras, but otherwise is complete.  (It was made up by an extra chair, settee and footman.) 

My harp also needs some strings - easy to add using stretched sprue and my harpsichord player is missing a hand but, that is easily remedied.  (One assumes this poor fellow served in the wars and was unlucky...)

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

There were three Mignot sets on my life list - Louis XIV's court - acquired a year ago, this one, now acquired and Dismounted Napoleonic Marshals and their horse holders which I have only seen once - we will see what next year holds.

The catalog sheet from Mignot
[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

This fabulous example painted by Jörg Hensel is from Alexander Baden's site:
[ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ]

mark  8)
Site Admin