Author Topic: Wellington and His Staff  (Read 3296 times)

Charles

Re: Wellington and His Staff
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2015, 06:46:40 AM »
Mark, I've just posted what else I bought at Kulmbach. Maybe some you don't actually have? Yet!

Any update on the availability of the Terana catalogue from anyone?

Charles

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2015, 05:23:36 PM »
Mark, I can't explain it but there is a strange pattern emerging....
Greetings from the Palace!
Charles

Nicholas Ball

• Secretary
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2015, 03:49:08 PM »
The ' Marko and Charlie show '  that's got a good ring to it. ;D ;D ;D

would you be a couple of good comedians like abbot and Costello!!  or  just sing, like the sissor sisters!! :o   ;D ;D ;D ;D

Marko, He actually lives in a palace in Richmond,  it's called Hampton Court Palace, has a nice Garden too. if you look it up on the Internet there's a nice picture of it, beware of the swimming pool one though, he's pictured in his speedos waving!!!!  If you do take ' the plunge' ::) it's photo 5, I suggest you get a large glass of whiskey in hand first, you gonna need it!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

marko

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2015, 03:14:54 PM »
I am finding it eerie that Charles and I seem to of one brain as far as flats are concerned. 

I buy Wellington's staff he buys Wellington's staff.  I buy Napoleon's coronation carriage by Mignot he buys Napolen's carriage.  I want Mignot's Mailmaison he buys Malmaison ahead of me.  I have more flats than I can paint in my life time, he has more than he can paint etc.

Perhaps we are long lost twins or is this the Flat version of the Count of Monte Cristo.  (Naturally as far as long lost brothers in this scenario I am the poor one while Charles lives in the castle but, I digress.) 

mark  8)  - who apparently has too much time on his hands today.
Site Admin

Charles

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2015, 02:55:04 PM »
On this subject, I purchased the ten figures (numbers 9-18) from the Maier stand at Kulmbach this year.

Now of course I would like to complete the set, but the first 8 do indeed belong to the late Mr Terana.

I wonder if anybody, perhaps the members from France, know about the availability of the Terana figures, I would be grateful for any information.

Thanks
Charles

Hannibal

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2015, 03:52:41 AM »
Sorry, can' retrieve the information given earlier ... will confirm this later !
Michel
_______
Men are a bit like God: everything they can do, they do it. Or they will do it.  (Jean d'Ormesson)

Roland Simon

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2015, 03:23:01 AM »
Hello,
I've been informed, that Maier will be again at Kulmbach fair. Someone of the family keeps up business. One will see......
Cheers
Roland

gerhard gady

• Associate
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2015, 02:47:47 AM »
Hello
According to the Internet (dont know the source - sorry) Offizin Maier closed the Business
after Kulmbach 2013. (Because of the Age of Lilo Maier)
Maybe someone knows what happened (or will happen) with the moulds.
Gerhard

JerryMort

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2015, 02:22:18 PM »
There is an article about this series in BFFS Journal 36. I have the set apart from PS1 and PS2, Wellington and Uxbridge. If anyone has these going spare I would like to complete the set.
BFFS Journal Editor

Kulmbach

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2015, 01:15:10 PM »
Hi Mark,

You couldn´t figur out  the Editor. Well it´s Paul Armont. When he died 1940 his moulds and figures were sold at an auction. One half went to Germany and the other half remained in France.

Jan

Michael_43

• Associate
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 12:19:29 PM »
Hallo Mark,

there are two parts of this staff, Part one available at Liselotte Maier/Steinstraße 8/91086 Aurachtal/Germany.
She has no Internet, was the woman of Sixtus Maier Junior and is 82 years old. She was the last time 2013 in Kulmbach.
The second part is available at Terana/France.
Good pictures are on the Bistulfi side.

Best regards

Michael

marko

• Administrator
Wellington and His Staff
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 07:23:44 PM »
Nice recent acquisition which is still only partial of Wellington and his staff.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Full set is 18 figures but, I could not resist.

Base shows Sixtus Maier as the engraver with a makers mark of Allemagne indicating an editors name which escapes me.

Regardless, beautiful figures.

mark  8)
Site Admin