Author Topic: Sir John Chandos  (Read 1137 times)

Hannibal

Re: Sir John Chandos
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2020, 04:41:56 AM »
Hi Sandor,

I was very happy to discover our character, and your painting:
1. The representation of the coat of arms on the horse and on the knight is really identical between us
2. Your flat is quiet more dynamic than the static posture of Western
3. Your handling of light is also very nice, and more real than mine: you have indirect light from the back too, like in the open space, while mine is too dark on the back, suggesting the knight is standing up in a closed space or room, or in the night.  This is being improved since to give also a light from the back, like the lightening of the egg !

It would perhaps be interesting to initiate a small challenge in painting the same figure by several of us, surely the figure of the BFFS from Nick would be an excellent opportunity ................!!!

But we could do it also for another flat, why not a knight on horse, to cumulate the knight, the metal, the armories, hands-free painting, light and shadows and the horse .... or an elephant.  But all participants should get the same flat, to be strictly comparable.
Michel
_______
Men are a bit like God: everything they can do, they do it. Or they will do it.  (Jean d'Ormesson)

snagy

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2020, 12:21:09 AM »
Michel,
this Western Miniatures Chandos figure is also interesting: its appearance is quite fabled/ fairytale-like.
Its character is basically different from the figure I painted.
You paintwork is also very fine: I like the light-shadow effects.
Well done!
Sandor

Vitruve

• Associate
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2020, 06:11:55 AM »
very nice job

Hannibal

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2020, 08:23:10 AM »
Super life and active, and nice effort for the two side.

Here is the version from Western Miniatures I painted two years ago...

Michel
_______
Men are a bit like God: everything they can do, they do it. Or they will do it.  (Jean d'Ormesson)

Ed Humphreys

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2020, 07:37:43 AM »
A week! It would take me a month to paint one side, and then not to this high standard
Ed

Joerg

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2020, 07:19:41 AM »
Nice !
Liquorice, sire, is not the least important of our benefits out of the dark heart of Arabia.

G.K.Chesterton

snagy

Sir John Chandos
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2020, 05:46:06 AM »
Last week's work.
Sandor