Author Topic: Soldiers in Les Miserables  (Read 2352 times)

Re: Soldiers in Les Miserables
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 06:09:04 PM »
You're right, Marko. Different revolution.

I like this topic. My wife also just got the DVD of Les Miserables and we watched it last weekend. She loved it, I liked it better than I thought I would. Except for the singing attempts of Russell Crowe that is.  ;)

If anyone can, our experts should be able to steer you in exactly the right direction, Steve.  But even if not, one thing is really in your favor. And that is the cut of the Restroration era uniforms ca. 1816- early 1830's changed little from Napoleonic times. It was more a matter of differing regimental desigations, flags and uniform colors. If you have at hand the splendid plates of Moltzheim you can paint very credible French Restoration figures using flats of Napoleon's post-1812 army.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ]

For example, I had in mind to make a 40mm wargaming project in an alternative European world ca. 1830 using 40mm semi-round home castings. I did this battalion using Zinnbrigade French Napoleonic casting molds. The flag is a bit fanciful (for the imagi-nation of Celtica) but you get the general idea.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]  

As for the civilians, didn't Mohr engrave a great set of civilian revolutionaries ? Might well have been for 1848 as I recall but they could work.

Good luck with this, Steve. I look forward to seeing what you make of it.

marko

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 12:38:31 PM »
These are full of life but, may be the wrong revolution?  Les Miz is the Paris Uprising of 1832.

It is a good question though, given the revolutions through Europe in the 1830's and 1840's.  There must be some good stuff out there.

Mark
Site Admin

böckchen

• Associate
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 12:20:44 PM »
Hi Steve,
Some of the French revolution were edited by Dr. Dangschat.
These are available now at B & S tin figures Leipzig.
http://www.zinnfigurenfreunde-leipzig.de/neu.htm
http://www.zinnfigurenfreunde-leipzig.de/e1.htm

Fechner exactly I can not saybecause something did before while on forms
http://www.fechner-zinnfiguren.de/

Wolfgang Friedrich seeking Leipzig has engraved a nice group.
Whether for yourself or another manufacturer, I can not say ....
best regards
Wolfgang

Soldiers in Les Miserables
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 02:20:28 AM »
Dear friends,
I have a friend who lives and breathes "Les Miserables." I am looking for French Soldiers that would fit into that time period. Does anyone know of a small set of figures that would represent the soldiers from the movie/play? I would like to paint some as a gift for him and his wife. Thanks for whatever help you can give.

I know I've been asking for a lot of help the past few days. I feel like a kid in a candy shop having found all the information on this site.
Steve