Author Topic: LoneStar Figure Show, Dallas, TX, 14-16 March 2013  (Read 3949 times)

Glen

• Associate
Re: LoneStar Figure Show, Dallas, TX, 14-16 March 2013
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2013, 08:06:18 PM »
Thanks, Brian. It was a good show. The blue Alice medaled (silver or gold, I can't remember - another senior moment). Chris, sounds like some of them boys over yonder at the BMSS could use a hobby...

Here's the last of my pics. The Amazon is mine. The three monster heads were painted by Rusty Nail whose airbrushed larger scale heads are as good as anything you'd see in Hollywood (or Pinewood). The pale bat-eared head had a translucent skin; it was eerie. He had more, but they wouldn't photograph very well due to their being in glass cases. The last pic is an overall shot of half of the display room taken early Saturday morning while everyone was still in bed (Friday night ...um, festivities) or at breakfast. And, silly me, I neglected to take pic of our club display table. Trying to round one up.

Cheers,

Glen

Chris Seeley

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2013, 06:11:36 PM »
Well those girly figures would not go down well at the British Model Soldier competitions ladies showing their part never do.
Brian you should get some and enter them  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Brian

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2013, 06:05:08 PM »
Good on ya Glen, looks like a good show, not sure which Alice I like best, think the blue just gets it, and your Curvy Couger is very good, she looks a fun girl  ;) ;D 

Glen

• Associate
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2013, 11:54:44 AM »
Six more (I like this new means of attaching figures; it's quick). Five more of Mike's girl kits. I really like his stuff. So different from the crusty old Vikings and Normans I usually paint. The last piece - 'Curvy Cougar' - is one of mine. Just a reinterpretation of a 28mm Reaper Succubus named Bella. I remove her little bat wings, filled in the hair, then used putty and wine bottle foil to make the quarter-cup bra, girdle, garters (suspenders to some of you), and stockings. A good change of pace from the aforementioned Vikings and Normans. And how often do you get to say quarter-cup bra and girdle on the BFFS/IFFS forums?  ;D

More later.

Glen

Glen

• Associate
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2013, 11:44:41 AM »
Here's another batch. The first two are from Julio Cabos - Andrea Miniatures' pinup artist. He gave a sold-out two-day painting workshop that covered brushing and airbrushing. The next piece is Ghost of the Revolution, a reinterpretation of a French Revolution bust whose maker I can't seem to recall. Senior moment... The last piece is Mike Meehan's 'Alice in Wonderland'. The red dress looked like velvet. More coming.

Glen

errant49

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2013, 03:46:17 PM »
Thank you for the pictures Glen; some very nice flats (ACW )
Congratulations for the silver even if I am not seduced by your figure ;) :)
Eric

Chris Seeley

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2013, 12:46:53 PM »
Thanks Glen good figures.
Chris

Glen

• Associate
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2013, 11:29:13 AM »
One more batch for today. The Norman, Roman Archer, and Teutonic Sergeant are mine.

Glen

• Associate
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2013, 11:24:33 AM »
Some more pics. I'll post a little bit of everything.

Glen

• Associate
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2013, 11:06:51 PM »
Hi Ken. I"m glad you liked them; the two ACW buglers were my two favorite flats. Both were well painted and presented, but each had it's own style. One had dramatic shading and highlighting, while the other had more detail painting - especially around and in the eyes. Overall, there were almost 400 pieces - historical and fantasy figures in various scales, large monster/horror genre heads, military vehicles, dios, etc. Our club set up a table with several figures (and flats) on it. Should have more pics shortly.

Cheers,

Glen

mil-mart

• Associate
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2013, 07:29:27 AM »
Hi Glen , some great painted flats especially like the 2 versions of the Gary Dombrowski ACW buglers. Congratulations on the Silver and  thanks for posting pics.

Cheers Ken

Chris Seeley

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2013, 03:52:52 AM »
Hi Gen thanks for posting the photos. I myself would be interested i photos of the round figures at the show.
Chris

Glen

• Associate
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2013, 11:23:57 PM »
A few more. Is anyone interested in pics of rounds or ordnance?

Glen

Glen

• Associate
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2013, 08:57:56 PM »
I'll try this again.

Glen

• Associate
Re: LoneStar Figure Show, Dallas, TX, 14-16 March 2013 (Now with Pics)
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2013, 08:52:24 PM »
Some pics of flats. There were less than a dozen. My Steampunk Pinup got a silver.

More coming.

Glen

Edit: OK, what happened to the other five pics...? Gotta figure this out.