Author Topic: Desires  (Read 1409 times)

Richard

Re: Desires
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2022, 10:47:14 AM »

Hi Nicholas
Thanks for your proposition. I am very honored. I will only go to Kulmbach. I am willing to hold the table of our association, but I must confess one thing.
I read and write English without great difficulty but I am unable to hold a conversation. My accent is terrible and no one understands me.

Hello Phil,
Thank you for your support. I too have gaps in my collection.
We could rely on Ebay auctions, but these figurines fetch exaggerated prices.
Now we are two. Let's see if other members join us.
Richard

Phil Y

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2022, 03:02:28 PM »
Hello Richard

I do agree with you on the subject of the "Battle of Murten" (Gottstein Moulds).  It does seem selfish to acquire and then retire moulds that would bring a lot of pleasure to a lot of modellers.

I am probably luckier than some in that over the years I have collected about 70 of these figures but, I cannot get any artillery,gunners or the troops in the boats and water.  The way things are I probably never will.  I would support your idea of a petition.

Phil Young

Nicholas Ball

• Secretary
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2022, 12:08:50 PM »
Hi Richard,

We will have a table at both the world expo and in Kulmbach promoting the flat figures and where you can also display a couple of your figures should you be attending. Come over and say hi, we are a friendly bunch really.😂

If you want to man the table for a couple of hours, it would be very much appreciated as we will also be stewarding at the WORLD expo and could do with all the help possible so we can also enjoy the show.

Hope to see you there.     Nicholas

Richard

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2022, 10:57:57 AM »
 Hi Nicholas,
First of all thank you for the result of your work in favor of the flat figure. Thanks also for the great news about the World Expo in Holland in July and the Plassenburg Museum.
Then I must admit that I expressed my thoughts badly. Sorry. I should only have written that the flat figurine deserves worldwide recognition by its history and its cultural interest. What could we do about an inscription on the list of the Intangible Heritage of Humanity ?
Hello Brian
You are right. Let's not forget that handling lead, even in the form of an alloy, can be dangerous for our health.
It is a good idea to ask our Swiss members for help.
Hello Willie
I don't fully understand what you are trying to say; I think that we get the gist,  but if you wish to post on this forum please keep your messages clear, polite. Many readers are not native English speakers and will not understand slang, so please try to use standard English and expressions that will be understood by all "on both sides of the Pond".
Richard

Nicholas Ball

• Secretary
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2022, 03:40:44 PM »
Hi Richard,

With regards the first question and the EU ban, the BFFS were involved with this along with Kleo and I can confirm that I was personally involved and spoke to the chief EU scientific officer involved with this and we were given an exemption to this problem. ( they had also banned diving belts as they didn’t realise divers needed the weights to sink to the bottom of the seabed😳🤦🏽‍♂️ )

The BFFS do actively do shows including Europe, but obviously with the past 2 years, it’s been a disaster on this front. The next main show is the World Expo in Holland in July, including giving a special prize within the flat figure category.🙂

We do also have a display in the Plassenburg, Franz and Andreas kindly open up the museum for us on the Sunday after the show to change the figures within it. All full members have the opportunity to display a couple of their figures should they so wish.
Nicholas

Brian

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2022, 04:47:12 PM »
It was not just the "danger" of children chocking it is the lead in the tin that was a worry as well.

The Gottstein figures, maybe somthing can be done about getting some figures cast, even a limited run every few years.
Can our Swiss menbers have any ideas of who to contact ?

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2022, 03:15:34 PM »
Richard. Look if you are that dumb to let your carpet cruncher eat your flats  >:(  Then I don't feel sorry for them  As for these People who think they can run my life better than I can and feel that my hobby is a danger :(  Then Bug off Mate  >:(  That goes for both sides of the Pond :o  Are club is a outstanding club with a vast amount of knowledge . I think the idea about those figures is right Willie 

Richard

Desires
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2022, 12:10:22 PM »

Hello Brian
The ambition of our association must, not only promote exchanges between collectors, inform about novelties and events, but also promote the flat tin figurine. If we consider this last point, we can't say that we are very active.
From this perspective, I had two desires. The first, of a general nature, is to protect the flat tin figurine. A few years ago, the EU threatened the existence of the flat figure as a dangerous toy for young children. Could this happen again ? I don't know, but one could also imagine that an inscription on the Intangible Heritage of Humanity would protect it. The procedure is not easy. I understand that a few years ago the Klio. approached the competent authority to initiate the procedure but the result was not favorable.
The second idea, more limited, is to see again available the figurines of the series "the Battle of Murten" by Gottstein, whose molds are kept at the Swiss National Museum in Zurich. Admittedly, they were acquired completely legally but it seems to me unjust and selfish the fact that the collectors can't acquire any more these figurines. After all, the Plassenburg Museum sells figurines from the molds of the old French firm Mignot despite many problems.
Best regards.
Richard